Students from set 1 in Years 9, 10 and 11 recently took part in the UKMT Intermediate Maths Challenge.
The top 40% of students nationally receive a gold, silver or bronze certificate in the ratio 1:2:3.
This year we had 19 students who achieved one of these top awards and this is a significant improvement compared with last year.
The successful students are:
- Lorcan Nicholls – Best in School, Best in Year, Gold and took part in Pink Kangaroo
- Emanuel Soimaru – Silver Certificate
- Jak Spencer – Silver Certificate
- Sadiyah Seedat – Silver Certificate
- Olivia Hullah – Silver Certificate
- Louise Walton – Bronze Certificate
- Ammarah Ikhlaq – Bronze Certificate
- Muhammad Dhorat – Bronze Certificate
- Prabkaran Shergill – Bronze Certificate
- Hamzah Makda – Bronze Certificate
- Sumaiya Hussain – Bronze Certificate
- Usmaan Hamid – Bronze Certificate
- Connor Meitiner – Bronze Certificate
- Aadil Hussain – Best in Year and Silver Certificate
- Lily Sissons – Silver Certificate
- Zain Tanweer – Bronze Certificate
- Ubaydullah Mamaniat – Bronze Certificate
- Bilaal Ashfak – Best in Year and Bronze Certificate
- Daniel Shelton – Bronze Certificate
Around 500 of the highest scorers in each school year are invited to take part in the Intermediate Mathematical Olympiad papers, these include the Cayley, the Hamilton and the Maclaurin for students in Years 9, 10 and 11 respectively.
A further 5,500 pupils from across all three year groups are invited to sit either the grey or pink European Kangaroo papers. These are one-hour papers with 25 multiple choice questions, taken by pupils from over 30 countries worldwide. This year Lorcan Nicholls was selected to sit the Pink European Kangaroo paper, unfortunately he just missed out on a Merit Certificate but still an excellent achievement.
Well done to all!