Pupil Premium & Year 7 Catch Up Premium
The Pupil Premium is additional government funding designed to help disadvantaged children and young people do well at school.
The funding is allocated to school for children who have registered for Free School Meals (FSM) in the last six years (termed Ever 6), are Looked After Children (LAC), or have a parent who is in the Armed Forces.
The money is used to support our primary pupils and secondary students and ensure that there are no barriers to their achievement at school.
A summary of how we used our Pupil Premium allocation can be downloaded here:
Details of the impact our intervention has had on the GCSE and KS2 results of Pupil Premium students and pupils over the last three years may be downloaded here.
If your child is eligible and you would like to find out more about how we use the pupil premium, please contact the school.
Please click to see:
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2014-15
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2015-16
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2016-17
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2017-18
Year 7 Catch Up Premium
The literacy and numeracy Catch Up Premium provides schools with an additional £500 for each Year 7 student who did not achieve at least level 4 in English and/or mathematics at the end of Key
Stage 2. Schools assess the needs of individual students to decide how best to use the funding. At Batley Grammar School we aim to close the gap between any student eligible for the Year 7 catch up funding and their non-Year 7 catch up pears and to ensure that the levels of progress they are making are at least good.
At Batley Grammar School the money is used to fund intervention strategies to boost confidence and improve skills in core subjects.
Staffing and resources for the following initiatives were funded using the catch up premium:
- Reading Matters programme – time and resources provided for eligible students who struggle with reading skills;
- Regular intervention with extra Teaching Assistant support in English and Mathematics to help them develop vital skills;
- Extra SENCO support time to organise and co-ordinate support programmes.
A summary of the progress made by students in recent years as a result of the intervention and support can be downloaded below:
- Y7 Catch Up Impact 2014-15
- Y7 Catch Up Impact 2015-16
- Y7 Catch up funding 2016-17
- Year 7 Catch up funding 2017 -18