promoting excellent attendance
At Batley Grammar School, we believe regular school attendance is a vital component in securing educational success.
Not only does regular attendance allow students to actively participate in the broad, balanced, creative and appropriately challenging curriculum provided, but it is vital in helping all students to make the very best use of their individual talents and abilities.
Families play a key role in making sure that their children get to school safely, regularly and on time.
Here are a few tips taken from our Attendance Policy and Home School Agreement to help you.
Always make school a priority
- Ensure that your child attends school regularly and punctually
- Inform school on the first day of any absence
- Do not take holidays in school time
- Arrange medical appointments outside of school time wherever possible
- If this isn't possible and the appointment is local, the student will be expected to attend school before and/or after the appointment
Help your child to stay on track
- Make the school aware of any concerns or issues that might affect your child's work, behaviour and attendance
- Take an interest in your child's work and support the school's home learning policy. Missing school may make them fall behind
- Check ClassCharts to review homework and attendance, you might not realise how much school they have missed.
- Ensure that your child arrives at school prepared for the day, with appropriate equipment, kit and books, please help your child become organised at home
The table below shows attendance and average GCSE grade achieved by students
|98% to 100%||6|
|95% to 98%||5|
|90% to 95%||4|
|85% to 90%||3|
Missing school will make your child fall behind in lessons and will impact on their academic progress and achievement.