SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT 2022-2023
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
Designated Safeguarding Staff are: Miss C Chappell (Designated Safeguarding Lead), Mr J Hughes (Deputy Safeguarding Lead), Mrs K Shaw and Mrs J Jackson (Director of Primary phase)
The school adheres to the following three DFE safeguarding documents:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022
- Revised Prevent duty guidance: for England and Wales - GOV.UK
The school has a suite of Safeguarding documents which are reviewed regularly. These are all listed here on our Policies page.
Useful Links for Parents:
All staff receive annual Child Protection and Safeguarding update training and are aware of the procedures for passing on concerns within school. If any members of the school or local community have concerns about the welfare of a child in the school, please pass them on to the School Child Protection Team.
Updated September 2023